Storage is one of the core services of the Azure IaaS offering, fitting alongside compute and networking as one of the three pillars of building your infrastructure in the cloud with think S3.
Azure Storage is comprised of many types, including Blobs, Tables, Queues, Premium and Standard Disks and Files. It enables you to manage petabytes of storage with the fastest performance in the industry, whilst empowering you to only pay for what you use with competitive pricing models.
How Does Storage in Azure Work and What Are My Options?
Within Azure, the wide range of storage solutions available means almost infinite scalability and flexibility, ensuring lower costs as you only make use of exactly what you need – meaning no more wasted money on over-provisioning storage within your on-site data center.
Some of the options for storage management in Azure and their associated benefits:
Simple, distributed cross-platform file system
- Lift and shift migration
- Simple and inexpensive
- Move data to cloud with no coding
Premium storage for I/O-intensive applications
- Low latency, high throughput
- Automatic triple replication
- Enterprise-grade durability
Massively scalable object storage for unstructured data
- Cost-effective for massive volume
- Tiered storage options
- Single infrastructure with global reach
Durable queues for large-volume cloud services
- Simple, cost-effective messaging
- Decoupled component flexibility
- Resilient scaling and buffering
Flexible NoSQL database
- Key-value table storage
- Structured or unstructured data
- Low latency at Internet scale
Industry-leading options for storing rarely accessed data
- Data automatically encrypted at rest
- Seamless integration with hot and cool storage tiers
- Integration with various partner products, including those from NetApp, Dell EMC and HPE Nimble.
For more on the full variety of services available for storage in Azure, speak to our team today.
How Do I Get Started With Storage in Azure?
Our Microsoft trained and accredited architects will help you to design and implement your infrastructure to get the most from your storage in Azure.
Starting with an assessment of your environment and then working closely with your team through workshops and implementation days, we will make sure that your move to compute in the cloud is as effective and efficient as it can be – truly transforming IT for your business.
Our ongoing managed service will ensure that your Azure environment stays this way, keeping you up to date with the latest releases and technology available to you and being on the end of the phone for support if anything needs looking at.
Want to know more or start your environment assessment? Complete the form below: